How do I join?
$6.00 is required to open your Share Account (basic savings account) and you will need to provide two forms of identification (Example: Driver’s License and Social Security Card) to comply with the Patriot’s Act.
Who is eligible for membership?
Field of Membership: Open to all employees and retirees of the ICRR, CNR, KCSRR, L&NWRR, and Vicksburg Southern Railroad; and groups having a common bond of association, occupation or residence within Warren County and adjacent counties and parishes that have been approved for inclusion in the field of membership by a majority vote of the board of directors; and their family members as defined by the board of directors. Currently such groups are: Medical Offices, Law Firms, Ergon and all schools opening in Vicksburg-Warren County (public, private and parochial).
Family members are currently defined by the board of directors to include spouses, children, parents, brothers, sisters, grandchildren, and grandparents; the employee’s spouses’ children, parents and grandparents.
- Regular Savings — An account can be opened in minutes so please stop in soon and discuss our savings program.
- Share Checking — Visit with us and discuss this and the other type of accounts that are available.
- Christmas Club Accounts — A small amount of savings on a weekly basis can be put aside to take care of the annual needs at this wonderful time of the year.
- Vacation Account — You work long and tough hours throughout the year and deserve to reward your self with a no stress and exciting vacation. Get started today with a VRCU Vacation Account.
- Certificate of Deposit — Share Certificates (Certificates of Deposit) are available at various terms and rates.
- Individual Retirement Account — IRA’s: Periodic contributions and Payroll deduction is a great opportunity to begin or add to an IRA account. There is no minimum deposit to open an IRA account. You can begin small by contributing as little as $5.00 per day. In no time your deposits will add up. You can also move an existing IRA, annuity, or qualified retirement plan to the credit union to take advantage of our great rates and convenient service!
- ATM/Debit Card– Available with a share checking account, your MasterCard ATM/Debit card gives you constant access to your funds. ATM fees will apply.
- Checks– Available with a share checking account, you can use checks to pay bills or make purchases.
- Direct Deposit — Social Security, Pension & Payroll.
- Drive-up Service — Located to the rear of building
- CUNA Insurance — Life & Disability insurance issued through CUNA Mutual Group. In the unfortunate event you may pass away, or even get hurt at work; These services can be added onto your loans and are offered to help you achieve financial security during these tough times.
- GAP Coverage — Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is available for any vehicle, boat, motorcycle or RV that is financed with us for $250.00. GAP Insurance protects you in the event that your collateral is either lost, stolen or totaled and your primary insurance does not cover the total amount owed.
- Night Deposit — located near drive-through window
- Notary Service — This service is provided free for our members.
- Payroll Deduction —
- Vehicle Pricing & Rebate Information — Black book value can be pulled over the phone at no cost.
- Carfax– Carfax is available to members at no cost for vehicle purchases.
- E-statements: E-statements are a convenient way to receive and store your statements that reduce clutter, save time and keep your identity safer. It is also better for the environment!
- Online Banking: Gives you immediate access to funds and account information from home or on the go! Before enrolling, please contact us to verify your information.
- Collateral loans: New and used vehicles, Tractor, Riding Lawn Mower, Camper/Travel Trailer, Boat/Motor/Trailer, Motorcycle, Four-wheeler, Utility Trailer (NEW).
- Secured loans: Share secured and CD secured.
- Unsecured loans: With a credit score of 640 and higher, you are eligible for up to $7,000 without collateral. With a credit score less than 640, you are eligible for $5,000.
- Short Term: $1000.00 for a six month term. NO Credit Check and must have a good six month history with VRFCU.
- Vacation Loan: Offered April 1st through August 31st with a twelve month term. With a credit score of 640 and higher, you are eligible for $2,500. With a credit score less than 640, you are eligible for $1,500. Oh! Relax on your vacation and don’t worry about your payment for up to 60 days!
The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 temporarily raised the basic limit on Federal Deposit Insurance Coverage from $100,000 to $250,000 per depositor through December 31, 2013.
Prior to clicking on the links above, it is important to note that: You will be leaving the credit union’s site and linking to a site not operated by the credit union. The credit union does not endorse or recommend products or services listed on the site. The credit union has no control over the content of the site and assumes no responsibility. The credit union is not responsible for the security of the site. Furthermore, the credit union does not represent you or the site for any transactions conducted.